Module 2 Test

2ToneJake

Module 2 Test

Post by 2ToneJake on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 am

has anyone done their Mod 2 bike test, need a bit of advice

how many lessons would you say i need (i have 2 n half years experience on the road) and what price would you say is about right for lessons?

also any tips for the test day itself?

i havent booked it yet but i will be in the next week or so
    josh

Re: Module 2 Test

Post by josh on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 am

just make all you checkks over shouler clear dont forget indicators they ask you about the bike aswell such as how do you check dipstick a main one is what to do if carry passenger such on such on me myself had 6 lessons best thing is try get a test for 1ish and get a lesson in before it mate
    2ToneJake

Post by 2ToneJake on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 am

i'll deffo be gettin a few lessons

what did you say bout the dipstick though? its a 2stroke lol

carrying passengers will be simple stuff like leaving a bigger gap behind traffic, longer stopping distance and preload rear shocks
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:25 am

You should get asked a relevant question about your bike. Most of the instructors are bikers so ain't complete morons when it come to technical knowledge.

I'd do as many as you can afford, its just so you know the test routes and how to ride them. The more you know the route the less pressure there is on figuring out road markings etc...

LCGB Member - 5226
    2ToneJake

Post by 2ToneJake on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:10 am

me mum's offered to pay for 1 lesson but i've gotta pay for the rest - the test is £75 on its own though so i'm maybe only gonna have 2 or 3 lessons cos moneys tight

i don't know the town at all like so i'm gonna be gettin lessons off a place in the town where the test is at so i have a better chance of learning the roads and everything

is it true that it dont matter if you go the wrong way aslong as you ride safe and that if you're in the wrong lane you should stick with it instead of cutting traffic up?
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:19 am

Yep, it's supposed to be based on actual road riding, so ordinarily as you wouldn't have someone telling you where to go you can't really fail for not doing as you were instructed.

The underlying rule is that riding safely should take priority etc etc.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 pm