Parts flying off while riding

rhyshill1

Parts flying off while riding

Post by rhyshill1 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:24 am

So today i was riding, doing about 45 down dual carriageway and my bloody headlight rim decided to fall off, got run over by a bus so now i have to buy a new fucker! Abit of gaffa will do me for now however Wink
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Parts flying off while riding

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:43 am

Story of my life this.

Just before cleethorpes I'd done a load of work to my scooter so I was out on a test ride and my visor flew of my helmet. This is the day before.... So I manage to get another new visor. I seriously would not have made it there without one the rain was that heavy on the way over. But, on the way home the new one flew off! This was just as I was pulling onto a motorway. Not to worry the weather is fine, but soon it starts to rain... Rain on bare skin at speeds 70mph plus couple with a huge hangover is hell! Like being shot in the face with an air rifle. Had to buy some sunglasses at a service station so I could rode with my eyes open Surprised

Then, going to Lincoln I packed all the YGSC patches Into my toolbox. Thinking if people want then they will be easy to get as id just had all them made up, not even sold one. My tool box kept vibrating opne. Didnt notice any thing fall out, but I fact all the patches and stickers were never to be seen again. Nor was my oil measuring hub... Rolling Eyes

And I'm saving the best one to last... In the way to scunny I was flying along, over took a line of cars. Next thing I know my scooter dies. Pull in wondering what the bell it was. And my spark plug had fell out of the head. Sort it out, but burn all my fingers and melted part of my new riding glove doing so. They get fucking hot! I then have to stop to adjust my clutch in ilkley. I'm on my way, fly through Leeds wich is a mission in its self. Thinking all is hunky dory. Stop in traffic and look around my bike. And its missing the right hand side pannel!! So I have to trace back every where I've been. Adding about 40 miles to my distances to the rally. Luckily I find the pannel relatively un damage in a central reservation on a dual carridge way! Very relieved to say the least.

LCGB Member - 5226
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am

metal one for 50spesh ?
    no doubt an after market made one. what I do is get a thin insulation tape and wrap it round the headset a few times so it tightens up a tad better.
    It should be hardly noticeable.
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:31 am

Panel came flying off my px 125 as I left a roundabout, however the road surface was pot holed hit a few and it went straight across the road in front of a car, luckily the car missed it, so wasn't that bad,
    2ToneJake

Post by 2ToneJake on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:56 pm

when i used to have headset mirrors on the px the stems would just start spinning round and dropping off all ower the place - happened about 3 times n i just gave up n got some blanking gromets
    rhyshill1

Post by rhyshill1 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:29 pm

NorthernJordan wrote:Story of my life this.

Just before cleethorpes I'd done a load of work to my scooter so I was out on a test ride and my visor flew of my helmet. This is the day before.... So I manage to get another new visor. I seriously would not have made it there without one the rain was that heavy on the way over. But, on the way home the new one flew off! This was just as I was pulling onto a motorway. Not to worry the weather is fine, but soon it starts to rain... Rain on bare skin at speeds 70mph plus couple with a huge hangover is hell! Like being shot in the face with an air rifle. Had to buy some sunglasses at a service station so I could rode with my eyes open Surprised

Then, going to Lincoln I packed all the YGSC patches Into my toolbox. Thinking if people want then they will be easy to get as id just had all them made up, not even sold one. My tool box kept vibrating opne. Didnt notice any thing fall out, but I fact all the patches and stickers were never to be seen again. Nor was my oil measuring hub... Rolling Eyes

And I'm saving the best one to last... In the way to scunny I was flying along, over took a line of cars. Next thing I know my scooter dies. Pull in wondering what the bell it was. And my spark plug had fell out of the head. Sort it out, but burn all my fingers and melted part of my new riding glove doing so. They get fucking hot! I then have to stop to adjust my clutch in ilkley. I'm on my way, fly through Leeds wich is a mission in its self. Thinking all is hunky dory. Stop in traffic and look around my bike. And its missing the right hand side pannel!! So I have to trace back every where I've been. Adding about 40 miles to my distances to the rally. Luckily I find the pannel relatively un damage in a central reservation on a dual carridge way! Very relieved to say the least.

You don't seem to have very much luck then aye? Wink
    And ian, yeah thats the one mate. Will sort it today!
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 pm

I had the headset come off the t5 down the a64 once.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:59 pm

My carb bounced off once Laughing clutch in and it was screaming its tits off.
    my killswitch had broken so I had to put my hand over the inlet manifold whilst coasting. haha
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Plug caps are the bain of my life... Comming home from darlo had to rid with the foot on mine to hold it on...

LCGB Member - 5226
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:27 am

Wally wrote:I had the headset come off the t5 down the a64 once.

Also, we need to sort out swapping our Speedos over sometime. Razz

LCGB Member - 5226
    tomdavidwsp

Post by tomdavidwsp on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 am

I remember speaking to Lobby once who said his flywheel once overtook him on the M4!!

Only thing thats ever fallen off my bikes is me.

Oh and a numberplate that ended in the scooter being crushed!
    josh

Post by josh on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:09 pm

nothing has fell off mine yet lucky enough but i was racing my mate down east lancs down our way and his big air horn under the scooter came off bounced infront of truck and made my day hearing it explode/beep as got crushed haha
    Jamie

Post by Jamie on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:25 pm

I have had a headset mirror fly off,
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:24 pm

When i doing my motorcycle test my mirror kept coming loose...

LCGB Member - 5226
    rhyshill1

Post by rhyshill1 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:18 am

My mates ignition barrel fell out while riding back from Mersea yesterday haha
    2ToneJake

Post by 2ToneJake on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:19 am

when me n Karl were in newcastle before his flywheel popped off goin under tyne bridge lol
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Only thing that falls off my scooter is sluts.
    andrewhealy96

Post by andrewhealy96 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:11 pm

i had my mirror fall off and put a hole in my headset my fly wheel cover came off and went under a cars wheel my seat fell off comming home one day my grips slide off and my head light falls out
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:16 pm

andrewhealy96 wrote:i had my mirror fall off and put a hole in my headset my fly wheel cover came off and went under a cars wheel my seat fell off comming home one day my grips slide off and my head light falls out

I'd suggest you invest in a socket set... Laughing

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    2ToneJake

Post by 2ToneJake on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:45 pm

how can ya seat fall off when ya sat on it? haha
    andrewhealy96

Post by andrewhealy96 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:16 am

i stopped quit hard and my seat just kept going and hit my glove box and my knees hit the frame Smile
    2ToneJake

Post by 2ToneJake on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:04 am

lol!
    mental

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:49 pm