Whats in your toolbox?

NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Whats in your toolbox?

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:41 am

I was going to post a picture of everything i have... But ,e phone is playing up. Rolling Eyes

My spares and tools i carry have gone right up since riding a lambretta. I carry a spare stator, CDI, regulator, all inner cables, set of bulbs, hub nut lock set, exhaust nuts, various fixings, cable ties, carb rubber mount, gaffe tape, flywheel extractor, all sockets from 6-14 plus ones needed to take the flywheel off, full Allen key set, mole grips, spare plug, 2X plug caps, various spanners and screwdrivers, a selection of solder less nipples and a fair few other things i cant name off the top of my head...

LCGB Member - 5226
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Whats in your toolbox?

Post by Wally on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:45 am

I have...

CDI, clutch plates, spark plugs, cap, lead, full set of inner cables, full set of sockets, spanners, screwdrivers etc. engine tools electrical connectors and wire, various nuts, bolts and gubbins, rags, a rear shock mount and a stuffed smurf.

Barely needed any of them bits, except the smurf

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:48 am

Its one of them things off where do you stop? I could carry a set of clutch plates, but then youve got to carry a clutch compressor. But, i'd like to think ive covered the bases.

LCGB Member - 5226
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:28 am

I keep meaning to have a re-jig of my spares. Sort out some stuff that's actually useful. Ideally I've always though you should carry:

Spare stator, CDI, cap, lead, plugs, cable inners and a length of outer, clutch plates all the other little fiddly bits and bobs.

Absolute essentail is a picture of some lovely kittens for those times where you want to smash the fuck out of your broken scooter. Take a breath, look at the kittens and all will be well.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    2ToneJake

Post by 2ToneJake on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:50 am

i got socket set up to 24mm, spanner set, ring spanners for the cable nipples, clutch cable, throttle cable, gear cable, plug, spare nipples, mole grips, pliers, snips, crimp tool, crimp connectors, screwdrivers, holding tools, flywheel tool, woodruff keys, split pins, engine stand for changing back wheel, fuses, electical tape, bungee net, 2stroke oil, measuring jug, speakers, amp and 12v socket

still somehow have space left over too

Last edited by 2ToneJake on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jamie

Post by Jamie on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Tools, plugs, cables. 2t oil, jug, a few rags, bunji cables, chocy biscuits, a legsheild banner, 2 airhorns and a compressor. and loads of other crap.
    wigan170

Post by wigan170 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:03 am

i have a 13mm socket, philips and flat head screwdriver, plyers, plug, spare nuts, insulation tape, alan keys, oil and some bunges
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:58 am

Hello mate, thanks for joining. Please can you post a quick intro in the introduction section. Thanks! Smile

LCGB Member - 5226
    josh

Post by josh on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:04 am

i have me 2smoke me cables 3 tool kits cables cdi and a few other bits Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:26 am