fitting a battery

ratvespa

fitting a battery

Post by ratvespa on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 am

how hard is it to fit a battery to a non battery model vespa (my t5) and what do i need all i want to run is a spotlight in the lambretta pathfinder style that comes on with the high beam or would it be easier to change all the inicators to led bulbs and the headlight to halogen then fit a spotlight?
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: fitting a battery

Post by Wally on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 am

Piece of piss. Swap the regulator for a 5 pole one. Then take a wire from the slot marked 'C' direct to the + on the battery, then the - pole on the battery goes to a (good, solid) earth point. Then just take whatever you need to run from the + side of the battery via a 7.5 amp fuse. Job done

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    ratvespa

Post by ratvespa on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:43 am

general price of a 5 pole regulator?
    ratvespa

Post by ratvespa on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:36 am

found em no to worry looks like it woul cost about 50-60 quid before i even got the fucking lamp lol i aint paying that much to to look like a wannabe comedy mod (its a new phrase im using) Wink
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:47 am

50-60?? I picked up a 5 pole reglator for a fiver and paid 15 quid for a new battery... Scooter jumbles are your friend. Very Happy

I'm told that you can run stuff straight from the 'C' on a 5 pole regulator without the need for a battery. So worth a try?

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:50 am

BGM regulators are good Wink

LCGB Member - 5226
    ratvespa

Post by ratvespa on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:31 am

only problem being wally if there is no such thing as scooterjumbles down here lol my best bet is woolacombe in a coupla weeks and if i can run a light of the c plug that would be so much easier lol
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:48 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YB9-B-Battery-for-VESPA-PX-125-ALL-ET4-125-96-05-/180965800127?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a2266f8bf

Place I got my battery from - I managed to save a bit as it's just up the road from me...

Cheap-ish new rectifier:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESPA-LAMBRETTA-12V-REGULATOR-5-PIN-96W-NEW-BATTERY-MODELS-/230832537479?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item35beb0ff87

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 am