T5 indicators not working!?

Axiom

T5 indicators not working!?

Post by Axiom on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 am

Before I starting sorting out my scoot the indicators worked fine. Now after I have finished it they suddenly they don't work properly. At first only the front ones works then after some fiddling only the back worked. We used a meter to test the current and stuff and all seemed fine both ends. Came to the conclusion the the flasher must be bust, so got a new one and then they didn't work at all and now only the back works again. The bulbs are all fine, any thoughts?
    ratvespa

Re: T5 indicators not working!?

Post by ratvespa on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 am

checked all the earths and the wiring behind the switch and also just clean the contacts on the side panels

Axiom

Post by Axiom on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:18 am

Yeah I was thinking I might be the wiring behind the switch, I'll try both these things within the next few days and see what happens
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:38 am

By flasher do you mean bulb?

Axiom

Post by Axiom on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 am

no I mean the flasher box that makes the bulbs flash
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 am

If the relay was knackered it'd still let through a current, so you'd have power to the indicators but no flash, just a solid light.

Chances are it's either a loose connection in the switch, the plug on the panel/break in the wire or a dirty connection on the indicator unit itsself.

Unfortunately these things tend to be a bit of trial and error to find, the way to do it is just keep tracing the wires, checking for shorts and loose connections.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Axiom

Post by Axiom on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Turns out it was the switch connector that was super loose so wasn't connecting properly. Also the side panel indicator wire was earthing on the panel as the wire had been stripped. The scooter is totally finished now Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:56 pm