Bike test the cheaper way.

Skajosh

Bike test the cheaper way.

Post by Skajosh on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:28 am

I met a fella other night that had done his bike test not too long ago.
    Anyway, he was saying he didn't like the certain place where he was going to go for his training. When he turned up there was various things they were saying that he wasn't pleased about like the amount of training they assumed he's need. Costing over £500 (as we know the rough going rate)
    So didn't bother training and just trained himself. Watch the Videos on the youtube for the mod 1 etc.
    Anyway, he passed mod 1. (without training)
    He then looked into the mod 2 even though many people had said he would need training. Anyway, he researched and looked at the test route and ride it on a sunday for 2 weeks go familiar with it and then booked his mod 2.
    He passed that with no training.

Anyway, after being fairly inspired. I think I'm going to go down this route. It's a lot cheaper than going for training and if I really need it I'll take it as a last resort. He mentioned that lifesavers was to be one of the main things people always failed on. He said, he rode steady. Indicated off the roundabouts even when he was going straight over. Checked over his should before breaking, good distance from the cars in front (cars length at least) and it passed. Easy peasy.
    I believe it isn't as simple but with some research I reckon I've got a good crack at it.

Just thought I'd share my findings.
    Josh
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Bike test the cheaper way.

Post by Wally on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 am

It makes sense if your bike matches the critera. I find that as far as mirror checking etc goes the bike examiners do tend to be a bit more lenient than in the car, particularly as they will be concentrating on riding themselves rather than holding a clip board.

But it makes sense, so good luck

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 am

Thanks wal, hopefully all will go well.
    2ToneJake

Post by 2ToneJake on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm

i did mind with only 1 lesson before each module, you'll crack it easy if you're experienced rider

i got told that if you do too many lifesavers that you can get marked down, my instructor said use the mirrors all the time and do lifesavers when moving more than a meter to one side or when coming off at roundabouts etc and to use the mirrors more - remember to check the mirrors whenever you intend to slow down or speed up at all aswell
    Jamie

Post by Jamie on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:14 am

my complete test is costing 104quid, i have my own bike, insurance and shit. makes it cheaper!
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/Doitonlinemotoring/DG_197299
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:19 am

Did you get my text about advice, that essay I wrote josh?

LCGB Member - 5226

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:07 am