First scooter

benlfc

First scooter

Post by benlfc on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:36 pm

I am saving up for my first scooter but after reading on here about people having problems with their scooters im a bit nervous about get one. I don't think i would be able to fix anything but would try i do know about car so that might help. I was hoping for a little bit of advice on how hard most usual problems are to fix, how to much to spend on first scoot (i dont want to brake the bank but dont want something will be working on all the time), have saw them LML's are they more hassle than it's worth and if i was to get a piaggio is it better to get an old or newer one? Cheers for any help and sorry that this is so long
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: First scooter

Post by Wally on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:41 pm

If you want relatively hassle free scootering then a bog standard px or lml is the way to go. Personally if I were to be buying a new scooter then my choice would be an lml star or a gts.

As far as fixing scooters goes most issues that crop up tend to be as a result of modifications made by owners. Again most general problems tend to be fixable in an afternoon with a haynes manual and a basic tool kit.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    benlfc

Post by benlfc on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Cheers for the quick reply hopefully will get a px soon
    josh

Post by josh on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:37 pm

most problems as wally said are down to owners kitting them or fiddling with it when not brokin my mate got a 2011 plate lml and it died all time fault was wiring so he put px wiring on it and its fine now just go with a px mate
    tomdavidwsp

Post by tomdavidwsp on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Reliability is boring

Get a cut, chopped, raked, extended, bodged, build, tuned, taped up, tied up Lambretta.
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:16 am

I tend to find every problem on my scooter is caused by me changing something. Rolling Eyes

LCGB Member - 5226
    benlfc

Post by benlfc on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 am

When i finally get one i dont plan on messing about at first until i know what im doing. Thanks for all the help really appreciate it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:08 pm