Is Every "Scene" On Its Arse?

NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Is Every "Scene" On Its Arse?

Post by NorthernJordan on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:07 am

Ok, i browse and take part in many internet forums to keep up to date and get advice. But the more i read of these forums the more you would think the scene (and others) are on its arse. If you read scooter fourms, all it is moaning about car wankers, comedies and hangers on. go on a soul forum, not enough original vinyl being playedm MP3's used and hangers on... Im sure the sane can be said about it if you go on skinhead forums etc... So do you really think the scene is that bad?

LCGB Member - 5226
    ratvespa

Re: Is Every "Scene" On Its Arse?

Post by ratvespa on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:13 am

its not dead just most people with the recession cant afford to have a scooter sat in the garage when they could sell it to pay bills etc, if you aint got a scooter then you dont spend ages lurking on scooter forums lol
    tomdavidwsp

Post by tomdavidwsp on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 am

Always the same, always this time of year, always by people who are very active on the internet but you never see them at a rally.

don't do this anymore, don't do that anymore, too much of this, not enough of that blah blah blah

Mates, beers, music and scooters, as long as that is provided and I have a few pennies I will go and have a good time.

Makes my piss boil.

I've never and will never let any person, situation or circumstance outside of my little circle effect having a good time.
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 am

Im not on about it affecting my good time, i always have a decent time not matter the situation.

But have these scenes declined to the level people make out on the internet? It can really depress you some times reading other peoples thoughts! haha

LCGB Member - 5226
    tomdavidwsp

Post by tomdavidwsp on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:30 am

No of course not

Mersea Island this year was the biggest it's ever been, there was talk of turning people away at 5 on Friday for fucks sake

Lincoln LCGB, Time Trouble and Money etc all BIG, NEW events

The rally scene is getting bigger and better every year, it obviously brings with it some problems but that's to be expected of the human race in general not just scooterists.

I fucking hate moaning cunts on the internet, especially as it's ALWAYS the select few you never see anywhere, usually for reasons like, they play too much/not enough of this or someone had a too many/not enough mirrors on his scooter.

There are so many events out there and so many people still so passionate about scooters and scootering all you need to do is mix it up abit, if these people don't like it or hanker for "the good ole days" they should just fuck off.

Not that this subject annoys me or anything.
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:01 am

the scenes arnt on there arses, its like tom has said, same time of year when people are putting the scooters in the shed or garage and putting a cover over them until march, those who turn up now and again but want the biggest say, its the same old same old,

the other thing is, we are not in popular culture atm, theres no retro vibe or anyone doing a throw back, or fashion pushing mod/skin/retro clothing,

so its not on its arse, its just been pushed back into the underground again, like it was pre-00's,

think back to around 2003-2005, you had parkas in fashion, mod style weller haircut was popular, scooters were on the tele, footballers were riding them to portugal, it was the IN thing, so born agains came out, more people came back to the scootering scene, new people came to it, i would say it was at its peak around 2006-2008

then year by year after that its died down a bit,

but like tom has said look at how popular mersea island was, even though there were a lot of car drivers there,

the nationals are always popular,

and last but not least,

look at how many new younger people are joining this forum and are attending rallies
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 pm

I think the scene is still cool, bradley wiggins? The Olympics? scooters are still in every other advert...

LCGB Member - 5226
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:11 pm

For the fashion point of view of what Matt is talking.
    I personally think that the style is coming back into it's shape, few years ago a harrington wasn't seen hardly ever. Now we have young kids roaming in them day in day out. Doc martens, well every fucker seems to have a pair.
    Trends fade in and fade out.
    The younger generation is coming very heavily into the scene now, I always have people in college asking me about my cutdown. More and more people want to know and try it out.

I don't think the scene is on it's arss, same old boring people who moan etc.
    I've took a back seat on being a part of a club now and just do what I want to do. Personally, I think if we all took a backseat on everything to do with the scene everything would get on well.
    Although, that is just MO.
    Plus being heavily influenced by scooters and everything to do with them isn't always good. You get cunts who think they know everything, you get the cunts who won't listen, the ones who claim to take advice and don't & the ones who are just play stupid.
    I haven't logged onto this forum for proper while to post anything for various reasons but now seeing how everything is it's so much more clearer to why the 'scene' looks like it's dying out & that is because of peoples 'opinions' and just utter bollocks.
    Removing myself from the FB page has been the best thing I have done for a while and it shows that being a part of something you really enjoy can get stressful I think.

No offence to any of you lads, I'm still loving you all.
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:51 pm

I dont feel the love for you any more josh Wink

LCGB Member - 5226

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 am