Running rich on auto-lube.

ModdyBoy

Running rich on auto-lube.

Post by ModdyBoy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 am

So, I'm new to large frames, and especially auto-lube. I've got a T5 MK1, but she's running rich on the auto-lube, is there anyway I can change the amount of oil getting into the fuel? If so, how do I know it's at the right amount?

Cheers.
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Running rich on auto-lube.

Post by Wally on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 am

Nope, it's set. If it's running too rich then you need to change your jetting. What's the spec and what's it running currently?

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    ModdyBoy

Post by ModdyBoy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:32 am

Jetting is another new thing to me, is it the jets in the carb? And it's 152 polini and it's running on "Rock Oil Fully Synthetic synthesis 2 injector" currently.
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 am

Yes. Assuming it's the standard T5 carb (SI24/24G) then it's only really the main jet that you can alter. Ball park for a 152 is around the 120 mark depending on the exhaust you're running.

Also when you say too rich are we talking about the plug being too dark at WOT, or at up to 3/4s throttle/tickover?

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    ModdyBoy

Post by ModdyBoy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 am

It's running a Taffspeed exhaust. What it does is it cuts out then when I take the plug out, it's dark and when it ticks over, it's ticking over at 1 and a half revs...
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:09 am

Assuming your plug isn't worn out (try a new one as a matter of course) this sounds like an issue with your mixture and idle screw settings rather than jetting. T5s particularly will always run slightly too rich at tickover, but at WOT this will all lean out.

Reset the mixture screw to 1.5 turns out and the idle to 2.5, then adjust the mixture screw by 1/8 of a turn outwards until it revs cleanly (i.e. doesn't bog or hold back when you turn the throttle), then take the idle screw out so it ticks over without dieing. Then when you're happy with it take it on a decent run out and do a plug chop at WOT and see what you've got.

josh

Post by josh on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

remove autolube and mix yaself
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 am

josh wrote:remove autolube and mix yaself

If it ain't broke don't fix it. More a question of personal preference.

ModdyBoy

Post by ModdyBoy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:12 am

Cheers Wal, I'll get back to you on how it goes Smile
    josh

Post by josh on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 am

that is a good point wally

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:32 am