Forum Changes

Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Forum Changes

Post by Wally on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 am

Just a quick announcement. Hopefully over the next few weeks we will be trying to get back on and update the forum. We are looking at adding a few new features and having a general revamp to try and breathe a bit of life into the page. To start with we'll soon have a new rally blog courtesy of Donna (A5Butterfly); this will be a report from recent rallies, with a few older features and personal stories etc.

I, myself am hoping to get together a whole load of new tech stickies in the scooters section covering general problem solving and a few step by step guides on things such as setting up carbs, jetting, reading spark plugs, brake bleeding etc etc. and hopefully in the not too distant future I am looking at getting together a guide on stripping and rebuliding a large frame vespa engine (it would be great if we could get a smallie guide and possibly a lammy one too)

In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions for features please let us know.

Wal

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Forum Changes

Post by NorthernJordan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Great stuff mate... I would give you all guide on a building a Lambretta engine... But maybe that should be left to people who dont break down so much?

LCGB Member - 5226
    rhyshill1

Post by rhyshill1 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 pm

NorthernJordan wrote:Great stuff mate... I would give you all guide on a building a Lambretta engine... But maybe that should be left to people who dont break down so much?

Hahaha! It's the components that are messin up, not your mechanical skills! A basic guide to Lambretta maintenance would be good!
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 am

Mr Hill has promised us he'll do a walkthrough of a smallie engine rebuild too...

Wink 

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    rhyshill1

Post by rhyshill1 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:56 am

Yes I will. Just means I'll have to drop my bastard engine again soon Wink All for a good cause though!
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:35 am

rhyshill1 wrote:Yes I will. Just means I'll have to drop my bastard engine again soon ;)All for a good cause though!

I'm sure if you're good the scooter gremlins will come along and fuck the engine sos you have to take it to bits... can't be that long looking at the state of yours albino 

But seriously, just whenever you're doing it next. No need to sabotage on behalf of us mert

rhyshill1

Post by rhyshill1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:29 am

Wally wrote:
    rhyshill1 wrote:Yes I will. Just means I'll have to drop my bastard engine again soon ;)All for a good cause though!

I'm sure if you're good the scooter gremlins will come along and fuck the engine sos you have to take it to bits... can't be that long looking at the state of yours albino 

You cheeky bastard! Wink I'm sorning it at the end of the month for an over hall anyway, everything run s out at the end of this month anyway. Im then planning on going on the T5, joining you with a MK1, Wal!
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:05 am

rhyshill1 wrote:
    Wally wrote:

You cheeky bastard! ;)I'm sorning it at the end of the month for an over hall anyway, everything run s out at the end of this month anyway. Im then planning on going on the T5, joining you with a MK1, Wal!

Proper man's scooter that mate, glad you decided against selling it

rhyshill1

Post by rhyshill1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:28 am

Haha yes :p Yeah, just gunna spend some time and more than likely some money on the smallie and get it tidy for next season maybe
    josh

Post by josh on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:35 am

good hope to see it back up and running dont really use much now as noone else was but lets get it back on track
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:40 am

At some point I will put effort in to this again.

LCGB Member - 5226

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:40 am