Testing Stator Plates

Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Testing Stator Plates

Post by Wally on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:13 am

Right, this should be the first instalment of a few tech stickies I plan to do over the next few months.

The following is a guide on how to test the general health of the ignition components on a 12v stator - PX/T5/lml/aftermarket lammy type electronic ignition.

First remove the wires coming from the stator into the CDI (ignoring the outer green wire). Using a multimeter set to read resistance (ohms, I set mine to read 2k) place a probe onto the white wire, and the other on the red. This is the pickup circuit. The reading you get should be in the region of 110 ohms, but with a tolerance of about 90 - 120

Do the same with a probe on the white and the green, this is the LT circuit. The readings should be in the region of 500 ohms (+/- 50).

Wal

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:48 pm