T5 engine????????

Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

T5 engine????????

Post by Dean on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:48 am

how much would you pay for a T5 engine. seen one on ebay offerd him 350 and he rejected its bidding on £100 at the min 6days Sad
    thinging of putting a t5 in my scoot then i can do me test on it, and there good engines
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: T5 engine????????

Post by Wally on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 am

Realistically I'd expect to pay somewhere around the £500 mark for a decent T5 engine nowadays as no-one seems to want to part with them (wonder why Laughing )

Save yourself some dosh and do your test on a big bike (seriously not hard to ride) or go to somewhere like Tommy Bees who have their own scoots. Though personally I wouldn't want to do a test on a scoot without a front disc especially with the emergency stopping maneuver.

Or if you don't bother with the test and you're after some better pull, a ported malossi 166 will run almost identically to a T5 (same gearing on 125 blocks) and produce about the same RPM

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 am

At run to the hills the other week a guy was selling some T5 casings on a stall for £20
    I should have bought them !
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:37 am

Well ive got a full size bajaj chetak, same body as a vespa sprint veloce, and i bought a px engine for it after my piston rings broke and fooked my bajaj engine. so i got a p150x engine with a 180 barrel from ebay and had nothing but shit with it so just wanna get rid of it really. i might sell me scoot and just get a t5 but i prefer the shape of mine, so im thinking put a good old reliable t5 init. then i can do me test on it aswel..... the front brakes is the only let down like but im sure i can deal with that on the test Twisted Evil
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 am

Did you buy the px engine and just bang it in straight away?
    does it have the old style fork ?
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:33 am

Shaggy, I'd guess if he was selling the cases for £20 they'd be pretty fooked; from experience the T5 engine is very reliable... until it breaks and then they break spectacularly - the 3 most common problems on the T5 are the cush drive mount cracking, sealing pad death and bearing housing wear Shocked

Then ask us why I run a P2 engine! Fecking bombproof

...That said I do miss my T5 engine Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Wally on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am

ttscshaggy wrote:Did you buy the px engine and just bang it in straight away?
    does it have the old style fork ?
    yea i just banged it in and i have the old style forks yep
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:30 pm

T5 engines wont be cheap, so good for tunning and you can take your test on them.

Have a look at a T5 classic for a more rounded look.

LCGB Member - 5226
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Wally, that's exactly what i thought when I saw. But i picked um up and checked every little nook an cranny. the only thing what was wrong was one of the stator bolt threads was gone.

other than that it was basically mint. bar covered in ally oxide
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Dean. Me personally wouldnt just buy an engine and bang it in. because you just dont know how nackered the internals are. Like your case your seals have gone. Its always worth replacing when you get hold of an engine. you just dont know how worn or old they are

My two cent btw Rolling Eyes

Wally. I agree on the bombproof p2 engine. My dad bought a new px200 disc in 98. since then he's put on malossi 210. not ported cases just dropped it on and jetted to suit

he's changed clutch plates once since then. never split the cases.never had new cdi
    It just keeps on goingggggg ! He rides it everyday aswell , just under a 1000 miles a week !!!
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:03 am

Sell everything you own, and buy a smallframe.
    Can go like crackers when tuned right and can be reliable when put together correctly Smile
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 am

Dean, T5 training in Rochdale (only an hour away from you??):

http://www.bowleerider.co.uk/vespat5.php

Shaggy, if you'd bought that set of T5 cases for £20 you'd have been quids in, most of em go for £100+

Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:45 am

yea wally im looking for something like that , its out my way tho im over the water from liverpool Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:22 am