only young mod in town?

iYoungMod

only young mod in town?

Post by iYoungMod on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Hey my name John and im 16 from grantham, lincolnshire.im a mod not a scooterboy. im really into the 60s mod thing (especially The Small Faces), northern soul and modern indie bands, however i seem to be the only young mod in my hometown. still waiting to get some money for me first scoot. when i do get it, which should be the sometime in the next few months, i wanna meet up with other young mods and not join my local scooter club (Grantham Daytrippers) which is full of old people, i havent got owt against the older generation. anyonelse from this area on here? if not i dont mind travelling too.

Last edited by iYoungMod on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: only young mod in town?

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I know it might not be ideal, but when you get your first scooter, it might be worth joining the local club. Once your in the club, you will have a group of people to go to rallies and events with. Once you been to a few rallies, you are sure to meet a few people our age.
    iYoungMod

Post by iYoungMod on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 pm

hmmmmm.... i would do, ive got nothing against the older generation. its just this lot are so far up there own arses its unbelievable. i might just go to the rallies on me tod for timebeing. unless i can meet someone on here lol Smile
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 pm

hmmm, no other clubs locally?

If you plan on going any where, post in the events section. Maybe then some can meet up with you?
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:38 am

iYoungMod wrote:Hey my name John and im 16 from grantham, lincolnshire.im a mod not a scooterboy. im really into the 60s mod thing (especially The Small Faces), northern soul and modern indie bands, however i seem to be the only young mod in my hometown. still waiting to get some money for me first scoot. when i do get it, which should be the sometime in the next few months, i wanna meet up with other young mods and not join my local scooter club (Grantham Daytrippers) which is full of old people, i havent got owt against the older generation. anyonelse from this area on here? if not i dont mind travelling too.

mate this is exactly how i feel, thats why i made this forum/club. eventually we can all start meeting up on out scoots from this forum Smile , we can all meet up at the main rallies where they all go and on our own little outings Razz

and yea as far as i no im the only mod in my town. Sad
    Amy

Post by Amy on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 am

If its any constellation, I am the only modette in my scooter club haha. I am totally into to the mod scene too, more so than the scooter side of thing, although I am getting my first scooter soon, pastel pink small frame, cant wait!
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:37 am

What club you in amy?
    Theres a couple of us from yorkshire on here, and I'm from leeds myself may see you on a do sometime Smile
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 am

should be cool that amy. put some pics up when you get it Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:34 pm