My mk1 t5 for you to see :)

JamesD

My mk1 t5 for you to see :)

Post by JamesD on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:41 am

i've just realised i've never showed you people my scoot, so i thoguht i'd post a cheeky picture of it Smile

Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: My mk1 t5 for you to see :)

Post by Wally on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:46 am

That's tidy that champ. I quite like the crashed crashbar Laughing. How's that grimeca disc hold up? I fancy a disc but fuck me they ain't cheap!

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:52 am

cheers mate! and lol it's not crashed, it's custom Wink.. i have a new mudguard still in the bubble wrap lol it's just too much effort and money to get it sorted. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "grimeca disc" but i gather it's my disc brake? and yeah it's good but you know how breaks on scooters are lol.

Wana know what that little beauty says on the right hand side of my legshields Wink?
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:03 am

nice.... not very mod tho
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:04 am

JamesD wrote:

Wana know what that little beauty says on the right hand side of my legshields Wink?

Not really, but I bet you're going to tell us anyway Laughing

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:07 am

dean - nah i know, i'm a strange one, although i'm a mod i can't stand anything on my scooter for some reason - i get it from my dad because i like to appreciate the scooter! and also the more shit i have on there the slower i go lol!

and it means "spirit of '79" Wink
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:21 am

nice, just a t5 mk1 in general tho i wouldnt say was moddy other than the word vespa on it like.

i started off like that wanted my scoot minimalistic, but in this last month or so lights mirrors and flyscreens have grown on me! not loads tho just a few

And speed dont bother me too much if it did i wouldnt have a scoot Smile as long as you can do 50+ then its aall gravy

JamesD

Post by JamesD on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:33 am

haha yeah i see what you're saying, i just like my scooter :L! I just can't see accessories growing on me tbh :/! and yeah but i like my scooter but i jsut want it to go fast lol
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:03 am

Get one of those Kegra 190 kits on it, then it would be insane!

Really like it, perfect for rallying!

LCGB Member - 5226
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 am

NorthernJordan wrote:Get one of those Kegra 190 kits on it, then it would be insane!

Really like it, perfect for rallying!

They are utter madness them kits - not for anyone who has any sense of logic or personal safety. pirat

NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 am

I havent seen one in action, just hear tails. What kind of power do they put out?

LCGB Member - 5226
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 am

They'll run past 10k rpm (off the clock on most tachos), power band comes in at around 6k (where a p2 runs out!) and should easily match TS1's. However they are practically unusable at round town speeds and I can't imagine clutches will last long on them

Last edited by Wally on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:36 am

What kind of HP and top speed we looking at?

LCGB Member - 5226
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:22 am

Im sure that crash bar is totally wrong for that mudgaurd Suspect looks strange to me

I think them kegra 190's boast about 20-22 hp
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 am

ttscshaggy wrote:Im sure that crash bar is totally wrong for that mudgaurd Suspect
    hmm I thought that
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 am

Firstly, i'm only a little journey from southend (where kegras is) and i might look into that, although if they are shite for traffic it wont really be appropriate lol. And don't know about the crash bar - it was on there when i bought it BUT, i did go into the back of a mini van at like 30?

That kid sounds like madness! I want one hahaha
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:15 am

They're not cheap mate - first off you'll need a 172 barrel to be bored out and relined, a jet ski (IIRC) piston, crank mods, cases ported/general setup and much better clutch etc etc. I'd start with a 172 first Shocked

NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:23 am

Yh i would go with a 172 with reed valve, arent they meant to be good for 80mph +

LCGB Member - 5226
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:55 am

NorthernJordan wrote:Yh i would go with a 172 with reed valve, arent they meant to be good for 80mph +

Reedvalves on T5s are a waste of time IMO unless you get them done properly (inlet properly machined and setup rather than just one of the bolt on kit) and once you've done it you canny change it back so unless you're sealing pads shagged I'd avoid it.

NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:05 am

I keep reading conflicting things, i thought reed valves (done properly with full circle inlet) were meant to be great on a t5. Whereas not much point on a P200.

LCGB Member - 5226
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:09 am

cheers for the advice fella, i will bare it in mind if i ever do decided to kit up my t5, but tbh with you i have all intentions of keeping it nice and standard because my true love is lambretta's and this is just a stepping stone towards my nice SX or TV Wink.

But i'll probably keep the ice and reliable t5, just becuase you can never have too many scooters imo!
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 am

As I say I've been told if you get them set up on the cases like this:

http://chequeredpast.piczo.com/tuning?cr=7&linkvar=000044

then you'll get a decent result, but with the malossi bolt on kits then you won't get that much out of it. It's got something to do with getting the reed petals as close to the crank as possible. If you have a look on squaretails there's a lad from Leeds who's had the above done on his T5 with a standard barrel and it goes like shit off a stick

Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:14 am

JamesD wrote:cheers for the advice fella, i will bare it in mind if i ever do decided to kit up my t5, but tbh with you i have all intentions of keeping it nice and standard because my true love is lambretta's and this is just a stepping stone towards my nice SX or TV Wink.

But i'll probably keep the ice and reliable t5, just becuase you can never have too many scooters imo!

That's my attitude at the minute - just enjoy it for what it is... working Laughing

JamesD

Post by JamesD on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:17 am

Wally wrote:
    JamesD wrote:cheers for the advice fella, i will bare it in mind if i ever do decided to kit up my t5, but tbh with you i have all intentions of keeping it nice and standard because my true love is lambretta's and this is just a stepping stone towards my nice SX or TV Wink.

That's my attitude at the minute - just enjoy it for what it is... working Laughing

Yeah, i think the working bit is probably the main thing that makes me a bit reserved about touching the engine!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 am