FIrst Scooter

Goughy, Stockport

FIrst Scooter

Post by Goughy, Stockport on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 am

easy, just deciding what scooter to get when i'm 17, i'm currently floating about on a pk50, so just deciding what to get like and i thought i'd ask for your opinions, cheers
    jamievespa

Re: FIrst Scooter

Post by jamievespa on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 am

My advice would be:

If you're thinking about doing your test when you're 17 then it might be worth waiting so then you'll be able to get a 150/200 Smile

Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:45 am

Goughy, Stockport wrote:easy, just deciding what scooter to get when i'm 17, i'm currently floating about on a pk50, so just deciding what to get like and i thought i'd ask for your opinions, cheers

what style you into? mod, racing, cutdowns ect... ? Smile
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:46 am

Like I say, t5 classic. Fast, reliable, prettier than a mk1 and unlike most lambrettas it has indicators warning lights so is easier to use...

LCGB Member - 5226
    Goughy, Stockport

Post by Goughy, Stockport on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:53 am

jamievespa wrote:My advice would be:

If you're thinking about doing your test when you're 17 then it might be worth waiting so then you'll be able to get a 150/200 Smile

yhyh im gunna do that anyways but was just having a look around on ebay etc, and dean im into mod, however my dad and all his pals are scooter boys, so ive grown up with gps etc and northern soul, so i didnt know whether to go down the mod route or the scooter boy
    josh

Post by josh on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 am

do what your happy with in my local club nearly all mods i am only scooter boy
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 am

What do you want from the scooter? And when will you be using it?

LCGB Member - 5226
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:37 am

well it depends on what you want and your budget. my advice is just dont rush into it... it hard to have 1300quid or sumin and just want to get a scoot asap... but just wait until a real good deal comes up ay Smile

also try and get one locally like if you can.
    Scotty90

Post by Scotty90 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Goughy, Stockport wrote:

yhyh im gunna do that anyways but was just having a look around on ebay etc, and dean im into mod, however my dad and all his pals are scooter boys, so ive grown up with gps etc and northern soul, so i didnt know whether to go down the mod route or the scooter boy
    go down ur own rout mate, ul never see urself drive past u then, by ur fav lookin scooter even if u hav to save abit more, because u wont be happy with out else, then customise it with bits u like, a like rear racks but also love chopper mudguars and bonny colours with st racing stuff chucked in ther too, bit of a mix n not many ppl like my scooter but a do n thts all what matters, just remeber ur nt buying a scooter for no one else so doo ur own thing mate
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Scotty90 wrote:
    Goughy, Stockport wrote:

go down ur own rout mate, ul never see urself drive past u then, by ur fav lookin scooter even if u hav to save abit more, because u wont be happy with out else, then customise it with bits u like, a like rear racks but also love chopper mudguars and bonny colours with st racing stuff chucked in ther too, bit of a mix n not many ppl like my scooter but a do n thts all what matters, just remeber ur nt buying a scooter for no one else so doo ur own thing mate

well said Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 pm