nice to know

josh

nice to know

Post by josh on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:23 am

i dont know what these exhaust are tested on but that poolini on me dads dont compare to good now http://226vintage.com/img/All-pipes-std-cyl.jpg
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: nice to know

Post by Wally on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am

I doubt we're missing much there, far better pipes made over here than the US... there's a reason all the septics want JL pipes! cyclops

... before anyone starts, I'm not having a pop at US scootering - vortex carbs and clauss shock mounts are bob on, but lets just say most performance aspects get over exaggerated out there - I read on an american site something along the lines that 'drilling the air filter on a standard P2 will give a 1hp boost Rolling Eyes

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:25 am

Wally wrote: but lets just say most performance aspects get over exaggerated out there - I read on an american site something along the lines that 'drilling the air filter on a standard P2 will give a 1hp boost Rolling Eyes

LMao

I have some of them clauss mounts. there abit shit really
    the old ones were better
    josh

Post by josh on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 pm

it may do as some cars dont have air filters if racing so they can set it up with more bhp but wont allow the cooling but iv also heard if you stick a p2 carb on a p125 it allows better riding and better top end
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:24 am

josh wrote:it may do as some cars dont have air filters if racing so they can set it up with more bhp but wont allow the cooling but iv also heard if you stick a p2 carb on a p125 it allows better riding and better top end

It really doesn't Josh... you're not american are you? Laughing

No point slapping big carbs on willy nilly either. If you're running a kit then it makes sense, but on standard barrel its best to leave it as is as you won't get much more out of it

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:52 am

on standard barrels, it only makes sense to up the carb if you tinker with the ports or the exhaust port

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:48 pm