help i need some body

liammodsmith

help i need some body

Post by liammodsmith on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 am

this will sounf like am taking the piss but on my vespa px i cant remember wich way to turn the fuel tap for on stop and reserve and my front brake light isnt working how can i fix it and the seal around the tool box isnt water tight i thought about black silicon would this work
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: help i need some body

Post by Wally on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:31 am

Fuel lever points towards the choke knob and kickstart when open - if you've got a fuel gauge then there is no reserve - just open or closed.

Front brake may not have a switch - if it's pre 86 it doesn't need one, but if not most MOT places aren't that arsed anyway, otherwise it's a split cable ans compression switch jobbie.

And finally tool box should have a rubber round the outside, so if it doesn't have one, buy one and fit it

HTH

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    ratvespa

Post by ratvespa on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:11 am

if it has got a seal its probly just a bit shitty like mine which is alright in rain etc but on the rare occasion i wash it it pours through the seal
    liammodsmith

Post by liammodsmith on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:35 am

i got one but it shit it got gaps all the way round it i replace it but i got told it had a reserve it got a fuel gage it 1986 i said to the guy he said just tighten the brake up it should work it did before he 2 toned it
    josh

Post by josh on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:00 am

he is correct if has fuel gauge then does not have reserve and also mate all toolboxs leak
    liammodsmith

Post by liammodsmith on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:16 am

should their be any play in the clutch up and down cause mine was moving quite a bit so i put some washers in to stop it should i take them back out so it has play in it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:45 am