Hi i'm new

JackC

Hi i'm new

Post by JackC on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 am

Hello everyone, just registered onto the forum and just like to introduce myself, i'm Jack from yorkshire just turned 16 and was wondering if anyone else is from around here, i'm after a vespa ET2, let me know if anyone has one up for sale Very Happy
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Hi i'm new

Post by Dean on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:36 pm

JackC wrote:Hello everyone, just registered onto the forum and just like to introduce myself, i'm Jack from yorkshire just turned 16 and was wondering if anyone else is from around here, i'm after a vespa ET2, let me know if anyone has one up for sale Very Happy
    Welcome to the forum jack Smile
    AceMover

Post by AceMover on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:38 pm

An Et2? What are you, some kind of half-a-fag?
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:42 pm

Don't listen to ace mover Wink

Welcome to the forum!

LCGB Member - 5226
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:36 am

I'm from Leeds, where you based lad?
    Welcome to the forum Very Happy
    ModdyBoy

Post by ModdyBoy on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:01 am

I'm from near Leeds.
    Welcome to the Forum mate! YoungGuns - The home of banter between scooterists, Mods, scooterboys, skinheads etc. especially for under 25's! Laughing
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:50 am

AceMover wrote:An Et2? What are you, some kind of half-a-fag?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Welcome to the forum Jack from another Yorkshireman Very Happy

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:50 am

AceMover wrote:An Et2? What are you, some kind of half-a-fag?

unfortunately no, i am not half a fag, i guess that just leaves you on your own

and thanks everyone else, i am from skipton, i go to leeds alot on the train though
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:44 am

welcome jack!

being the more civalised one, i shall ask you: Why are you interested in an et2? don't you want a nice 50 special or something?
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:18 am

In all honesty, wait till your 17 and get a t5 mate.
    And if your in need of a scooter right now, get a cheap twist and go because et2's are priced fairly high new and what not and 50 specials are the same get something cheap for yourself mate and happy scootering! Smile
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:24 am

Easy Geez
    another semi northern cunt affraid
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 am

I am curious too, would like to hear the r eason ?

LCGB Member - 5226
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:14 am

He wants an et because he wants an et simple. Stop being snobs no-one is any better because there on a T5 or whatever. Get an et lad!

If it was my first scoot I would get an auto, as I did.
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:49 am

For the record, it was a genuine question Wink the reason being most people who join say that they want something like a SX200 Razz So I was just curious, I guess it is because as a 16 year old it is a cheap reliable way of getting around and onto the scooter ladder? confused

There was a young lad on one at brid in combats, looked cool to me and fair play to him for getting himself there! Smile

LCGB Member - 5226
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:13 am

NorthernJordan wrote:For the record, it was a genuine question Wink the reason being most people who join say that they want something like a SX200 Razz So I was just curious, I guess it is because as a 16 year old it is a cheap reliable way of getting around and onto the scooter ladder? confused

There was a young lad on one at brid in combats, looked cool to me and fair play to him for getting himself there! Smile
    Smile yea the fella in my local scooter shop said hes got 9 scooters, and his fav one is his gts 300 !
    He said it could do 90mph FOOOK ! LOL
    liammodsmith

Post by liammodsmith on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:28 am

i had a lambretta i wish i got the ato i bought next as my first one cause the gears on my px it takeing me some geting use to but when ur new to the road and that their better start plus they seem to go like the clapers my old kymco use to do 50 but i bought a cheap one me and my mate use toi piss about on it their well fun pluse it doesnt take any effort wich was good for me
    JackC

Post by JackC on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:49 am

well i just want an et2 because it's really one of the only 50cc vespas i know of and i have seen them on ebay/gumtree for about 500 quid which is how much money i have, when i am older i'll get a vintage vespa but at the minute it's because i don't have much money as i'm still at school
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 am

JackC wrote:well i just want an et2 because it's really one of the only 50cc vespas i know of and i have seen them on ebay/gumtree for about 500 quid which is how much money i have, when i am older i'll get a vintage vespa but at the minute it's because i don't have much money as i'm still at school

ahh that's fair enough fella, it's just most people on hear go for vintage scooters, so i was just a bit shocked at how you was actually after an auto Razz! it's just i got alot of abuse for asking that question, then posting on the facebook group about your choice of scooter and i have to ask you, did you take my question as an insult or as inquisitiveness?
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 am

I understand the price issue, most of the desirable classic vespas and lambrettas are stupidlypriced these days. And for 500 quid you can't go wrong, if you scrape it it doesn't matter whole lot. I was gutted when I came off my t5 :'(

Are they a two stroke? If so, with a bit of tweaking I het they can shift! Twisted Evil

LCGB Member - 5226
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:32 am

yeah, they are 2 stroke matey
    lucasgomersall

Post by lucasgomersall on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 am

I like the fact that you want an auto, back in the 60's through to the 80's before scooter prices rocketed, people were riding whatever they could afford, with the most modern scooter they could get their hands on.
    Just because an ET2 doesn't have metal bodywork and gears, it doesn't mean that it is any lesser scooter than the new PX.
    Don't let anyone tell you different. Welcome to the club, and good luck with purchasing a good looking modern scooter. Personally, I congratulate you with keeping the scooter scene and vespa name alive, and hope to see you on the rallies.
    If anything you're more like the original scooterists/mods, whichever way you swing than any of us.
    Timtom

Post by Timtom on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 pm

JackC wrote:well i just want an et2 because it's really one of the only 50cc vespas i know of and i have seen them on ebay/gumtree for about 500 quid which is how much money i have, when i am older i'll get a vintage vespa but at the minute it's because i don't have much money as i'm still at school
    Welcome to the forum jack. Youve spoken to me on the MV forum. As iv said i have an et2 and they are good and reliable etc. Good look finding one.

-Tim
    JackC

Post by JackC on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:32 am

JamesD wrote:

ahh that's fair enough fella, it's just most people on hear go for vintage scooters, so i was just a bit shocked at how you was actually after an auto Razz! it's just i got alot of abuse for asking that question, then posting on the facebook group about your choice of scooter and i have to ask you, did you take my question as an insult or as inquisitiveness?

No mate course I didn't take your question as an insult, I didn't realise you all rode classics, been looks at classics this morning and seen a very very nice pk50 which is fairly close to where I live, can anyone take a look and let me know what you think, also, I was going for an auto, are manuals like this pk50 hard to get used to?

Thanks everyone and tim mate didn't know you was on here Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESPA-PK-50-SCOOTER-MOPED-50CC-/120836942166?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1c22716956#ht_872wt_966
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:03 am

Thats not to bad chap
    Slightly overpriced Imo
    JackC

Post by JackC on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:32 am

ttscshaggy wrote:Thats not to bad chap
    Slightly overpriced Imo

Yeah I know, starting price is 750 and I only have 500 so I'm thinking about contacting him and offering 500 cash in hand, just needed some feedback from you lot who know your scooters a lot more than I do, is it hard to get used to a manual scooter?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:45 am