need help + also information on a pk

jamievespa

Re: need help + also information on a pk

Post by jamievespa on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:19 am

ttscshaggy wrote:Yours must be shit Razz
    Ive been on quite a few stock pk100's , With my head down I managed to get 55max
    But should be able to pull 50 no probs

Whats on yours ? every stock bar the sito plus pipe is it ?

Okay true I got the mirrors but I don't think it'd slow me down that much..

shaggy I dunno about the jetting but as far as I know standard just with simonini zorst
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Are you going to go to the parts fair in Bradford?

LCGB Member - 5226
    tomdavidwsp

Post by tomdavidwsp on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Unfortunately the words bargain and scooter don't really go together anymore

If you are 16 I wouldn't even bother buying one, stop spending your money on white lightning and 10 packs of sovereign and try and get £800 plus ready for when you are 17 and buy a 125.
    JackC

Post by JackC on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:46 pm

I might depending on what time it is at as I have rugby on a sunday and isn't the parts fair on sunday?
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:56 pm

tomdavidwsp wrote:Unfortunately the words bargain and scooter don't really go together anymore

If you are 16 I wouldn't even bother buying one, stop spending your money on white lightning and 10 packs of sovereign and try and get £800 plus ready for when you are 17 and buy a 125.

he is right, tbh if you can get a cheap pk, you will only want to get a 125 at 17, i know a lad who at 16 spent stupid money on a pk kitting it and alsorts just to get up to 60mph to keep up with everyone on px's on rideouts.

some pk125's are good, i know a bloke who has one which is as quick as px125's, only prob is your more likely to be pulled etc by the rozzers and if they find out you have a pk125 registered as a 50 you will be done.

wait till your 17, i know its a bitch to wait, i had to do it, but if you start saving now, i would recommend you try and get a t5 for your first scoot, as it will be better than a px125 and you will be able to pass your test on it. you can't on px's unless you fettle around with a sito plus and get it dynoed to prove it has x bhp and can do over 62 mph

JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:02 am

MH 13 wrote:
    tomdavidwsp wrote:Unfortunately the words bargain and scooter don't really go together anymore

he is right, tbh if you can get a cheap pk, you will only want to get a 125 at 17, i know a lad who at 16 spent stupid money on a pk kitting it and alsorts just to get up to 60mph to keep up with everyone on px's on rideouts.

some pk125's are good, i know a bloke who has one which is as quick as px125's, only prob is your more likely to be pulled etc by the rozzers and if they find out you have a pk125 registered as a 50 you will be done.

wait till your 17, i know its a bitch to wait, i had to do it, but if you start saving now, i would recommend you try and get a t5 for your first scoot, as it will be better than a px125 and you will be able to pass your test on it. you can't on px's unless you fettle around with a sito plus and get it dynoed to prove it has x bhp and can do over 62 mph

i know but I can't really wait a year as i need it this year, i am happy with a 50cc as that's what my mates have got, i will use the pk50 for a few years as after this year I have to go to college for 2 years then university for 2 and getting just 40 quid a week will keep my 50cc running for a few years till i get a proper job and then a proper scooter
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 am

The thing is, 125 vespas are ten a penny, so you can find them easy and pick em up cheap.

LCGB Member - 5226
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:12 am

JackC wrote:
    MH 13 wrote:

i know but I can't really wait a year as i need it this year, i am happy with a 50cc as that's what my mates have got, i will use the pk50 for a few years as after this year I have to go to college for 2 years then university for 2 and getting just 40 quid a week will keep my 50cc running for a few years till i get a proper job and then a proper scooter

the other thing is, everyone else on 50cc peds, if they are de-restricted, will dick all over a pk, if they are 125s then they give px200s a run for there money, the problem with the pk's are, they are reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaalllllllyyyyy slow, a bit quicker than restricted peds but still,

if left standard they are gash, spend money on kitting them, it will perform really well but eat a hole in your pocket. like i said before, your best bet is either a pk with a 125 engine registered as a 50, or wait till your 17,

you could easy pick up a crap ped for a couple of hundred quid until your 17
    JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:29 am

Well my two best mates are getting pk50s too and one of my mates already has a shitty peugout vclic which is restricted so we will all be in the same boat so I don't mind about it been slow, my daily drive is only 1 mile there 1 back and ill drive to my girlfriend which is about 15 miles a few times a week so I don't require going over 30 as my drive to school and college is through town so it would be unnecessary
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:37 am

JackC wrote:Well my two best mates are getting pk50s too and one of my mates already has a shitty peugout vclic which is restricted so we will all be in the same boat so I don't mind about it been slow, my daily drive is only 1 mile there 1 back and ill drive to my girlfriend which is about 15 miles a few times a week so I don't require going over 30 as my drive to school and college is through town so it would be unnecessary

fair doos, only thinking about like rideouts or rallies by a-road thats all,

how soon are you wanting a pk and what sort of price are you willing to pay?

as i will see if this coat hanger pk can be sorted out
    JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:42 am

well i want it within the next month or so and at the minute i have 600 quid so yeah
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:58 am

JackC wrote:well i want it within the next month or so and at the minute i have 600 quid so yeah

i will have a look at this one next weekend, carb issues i think as its a bitch to start atm, then i will see how much my old man wants for it, but i think around 600 should be right,

i will get it going asap -

pics are here of it -

JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:00 am

that is one beautiful looking scoot, i love it already, if you could get it sorted i would most likely take that off your hands! Shocked
    Dean
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Dean on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:01 am

MH 13 wrote:

I Like ! Smile
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:18 am

its alright, just needs a bit of fettling to get it going again and a seat catch

needs to be mot and taxed too, i will keep you updated to where i am on this
    JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:22 am

thanks alot matt, if you get it sorted like i said, i'll buy it off you, can't believe this is being used as a coat hanger -__-

edit: how many miles has she done?
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:25 am

JackC wrote:thanks alot matt, if you get it sorted like i said, i'll buy it off you, can't believe this is being used as a coat hanger -__-

edit: how many miles has she done?

7886 kms on the clock, so not many
    JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 am

MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:32 am

yer i think so,

its a PK100XL which has had its 100 badges removed as its registered as a 50cc,

not sure how many previous owners,

theres just small little things that need sorting, like the seat catch, tool box door catch, front tyre or rear tyre is the wrong size and needs to be changed, can't remember which and i need to get it running again, as its been sat for quite a bit.

then mot and tax, ready to get it on the road,

JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 am

doesn't sound too much, speak to your old man
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:35 am

LCGB Member - 5226
    JackC

Post by JackC on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:42 am

Can't see the thread as I'm on my phone and when I try go on it it says the thread no longer exists but is it that silvery pk50 off ebay with a cheap buy now and no piston or something?

Edit: or if it is that red one would it take a lot of work to get it going? Also I think it would need registering which sounds like a piss take
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 am

LCGB Member - 5226
    JackC

Post by JackC on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:14 am

looks badly painted and it needs registering, got told it's a real piss take registering, wondering whether or not to try get that 100cc off matt, only problem is, isn't it against the law to have a 100cc scooter at 16 D:
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:25 am

JackC wrote:looks badly painted and it needs registering, got told it's a real piss take registering, wondering whether or not to try get that 100cc off matt, only problem is, isn't it against the law to have a 100cc scooter at 16 D:

You should be able to get a 50cc cylinder put on, get it inspected by dvla etc and be fully legit

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:05 pm