For you grease monkeys

JamesD

For you grease monkeys

Post by JamesD on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 am

How difficult is it to (for a mk1 t5)

1. change my auto-lube seal?

2.change my front mudguard and is it worth changing the bearings?

3. third and finally, do i need a "tyre leaver" to remove my tyres from the rims - which i was told that i do by some and others told me i don't?

cheers boys
    MH 13

Re: For you grease monkeys

Post by MH 13 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 am

JamesD wrote:How difficult is it to (for a mk1 t5)

1. change my auto-lube seal?

2.change my front mudguard and is it worth changing the bearings?

3. third and finally, do i need a "tyre leaver" to remove my tyres from the rims - which i was told that i do by some and others told me i don't?

cheers boys

fuck tyre leavers, just let all air out your tyres, undo your bolts then pull apart the rims from each other, wedge a socket inbetween and then pull the slimmer side off,

the deeper side might be a bit of a bastard to get off, what i do is stand on either side of the tyre with my big boots on, then pull at the rim to try and get some movement,

if no look doing that, stick it in the dishwasher to soften the rubber up and then try again, it should soften plus be wet so it will slide off
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:46 am

Tyre levers? Are you running tubeless rims?

LCGB Member - 5226
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 am

Dropping the forks on the T5 is slightly more irritating than on a PX as the lock ring set-up is a bit of a twat, and would probably need replacing. Basically I'd say unless you really need to change the mudguard then do it, if not leave it. Likewise if you're dropping the forks then change the races for the sake of a few quid.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 am

If you do decide to drop the forks, let us know and I'll talk you through it, as you might need to swap the OEM tabbed washer/lock ring set up as they've stopped making the spares for them

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    josh

Post by josh on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:01 am

they are a pain to change mudguard mate and put big boots on spray wd40 on inside tyre when deflated and jump on tyre mate thats what i done MAKE SURE PUT ON correct as will have to remove again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:40 pm