help.. Its my first vespa

andrewhealy96

help.. Its my first vespa

Post by andrewhealy96 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:44 am

Hello,
    I just brought a Vespa PK 50 s and i am over the moon with it. but it has been stood for 9 years and not been mot or taxed the engine is in perfect condition first kick without fail but what i need to know if it needs a fuel tap lever to pass mot i know i need to tighten my brake pedal and my clutch is a bit loose. can you give me some advice please,
    cheers
    Andy
    ttscshaggy

Re: help.. Its my first vespa

Post by ttscshaggy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:36 am

Hi Andy and welcome
    Where you from pal ?

It doesnt technically need a fuel lever to pass an Mot. but have one fitted because you need to be able to furn your fuel off.
    If you saying your clutch is loose I presume you mean the cable which wont be helpful at all because it will no doubt stall easily at some point
    andrewhealy96

Post by andrewhealy96 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:20 am

Hi,
    i am from Birmingham.

but... when i change gear there is no click like i have so much play with it i dont know what gear i am changing into most of the time, i have only stalled it once the clutch is fine nice and tight but when i change its to loose do you have any suggestions. cheers
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 am

Tighten up your gear cables.
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 am

welcome to the forum,

please give us some insight to where your from, how you got into scootering,

maybe show us a pic of your pk50 you have purchased, and also when your legal to ride it given it says your 15 atm

and who are these other mates your going to be riding with? are they into classic scoots? or are they on chavmobiles?

because if they are under 25 and into scoots like us then invite them on here Wink

cheers
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:53 am

Even if they ride "chavmobiles" but like vespas and lambretta, or have an interest in rallies etc etc invite them here also.

LCGB Member - 5226
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 am

NorthernJordan wrote:Even if they ride "chavmobiles" but like vespas and lambretta, or have an interest in rallies etc etc invite them here also.

yer but what we don't want is a load of chavs suddenly joinging this because they think its about peds steds and rockports
    jamievespa

Post by jamievespa on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:49 pm

MH 13 wrote:
    NorthernJordan wrote:Even if they ride "chavmobiles" but like vespas and lambretta, or have an interest in rallies etc etc invite them here also.

yer but what we don't want is a load of chavs suddenly joinging this because they think its about peds steds and rockports

Yes but we've had this before on the forum, too much stereotyping... Give the guy a chance before you start making assumptions about his mates
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:02 am

jamievespa wrote:
    MH 13 wrote:

Yes but we've had this before on the forum, too much stereotyping... Give the guy a chance before you start making assumptions about his mates

im not making any assumptions, some poor lad turned up to our scooter club once thinking it was a group of 16 year olds on peds, he didn't know what the scooter scene was etc, after we explained he soon sort of left a bit red faced, he was a bit confused on what vespas and lambrettas were, to which he was like, oh i wondered why there were those old things outside
    Scotty90

Post by Scotty90 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:46 pm

lets not start this again, both good points but it starts arguments, pluss ul never get somone into yamaha aerox's n other twist n twats filling up the fourm because they have there own fourm's they arnt intrested in our stuff the same we not botherd about there's, and am aloud to say twist and twat as i own one Rolling Eyes haha (darksider me) Twisted Evil
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:13 am

Scotty90 wrote:lets not start this again, both good points but it starts arguments, pluss ul never get somone into yamaha aerox's n other twist n twats filling up the fourm because they have there own fourm's they arnt intrested in our stuff the same we not botherd about there's, and am aloud to say twist and twat as i own one Rolling Eyes haha (darksider me) Twisted Evil

on the contrary - i own a big fat gayer fag chariot nexus 500 jocolor

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:39 pm