Hi From Edinburgh

MichaelGT

Hi From Edinburgh

Post by MichaelGT on Tue May 08, 2012 1:54 am

hi everyone, had my vespa for a couple years now, i'm 17 and have been driving for a while, so the vespa isn't used as much, no plans to sell it though haha means too much! Hopefully be back out in the summer Smile

it's a 1964 Vespa 90 smalldoor, apparently it's a super rare model hah the guy i bought it from thought it was a vespa 50s, so got it for a steal!

it's been re-sprayed, used to be a horrid brick red colour, eew.
    josh

Re: Hi From Edinburgh

Post by josh on Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 am

nice to see another member may i say you look like ste off holyoaks haha
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Tue May 08, 2012 5:14 am

Hoots mon... welcome to the forum Wink

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT on Tue May 08, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks Smile thought i'd get back in to the vespa scene again haha i'm so stuck on the VW one! and i don't watch hollyoaks haha but i googled him, and i see what you mean haha i think it's the picture though, he's far too skinny!
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Tue May 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey dude...another lad all for the smallframe militia cheers
    1964 50s......nice.
    MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT on Tue May 08, 2012 10:56 pm

thanks hahah

and it's not a 50s haha the guy i bought it off thought it was, it's actually a 1964 vespa 90 smalldoor haha, impossible to find the correct badge though haha so keeping that until i find the right one

josh

Post by josh on Wed May 09, 2012 6:17 am

haha the vw seen is amazing
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Wed May 09, 2012 6:52 am

josh wrote:haha the vw seen is amazing

There's a lad at work does VWs, to be fair the scene sounds identical to scootering, just with more wheels. People hate the new beetles, whinge about rat looks and foreign parts. Then drive underpowered crap vehicles across the country to meet in a field, get pissed and listen to the same tunes that they have done for years pirat

Found out there's a dub show just down the road from me next month, so I reckon I'll have a bob across and see what the crack is.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT on Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

it's the best haha my first car is a VW polo gt 1993 haha and my brother has a lupo GTI, which has been in max power and PVW, it's soooo nice!
    MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT on Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 am

Wally wrote:

There's a lad at work does VWs, to be fair the scene sounds identical to scootering, just with more wheels. People hate the new beetles, whinge about rat looks and foreign parts. Then drive underpowered crap vehicles across the country to meet in a field, get pissed and listen to the same tunes that they have done for years pirat

Found out there's a dub show just down the road from me next month, so I reckon I'll have a bob across and see what the crack is.

yeh i love them man, they're so nice, just the smooth style and shiney wheels hahah! and yeh they are similar, and yes! wheels are one of the most important things! hence mine:

and there's the occasional nice beetle hah and rat look cars really are horrid, just a way to mod your car if you have no money at all.

BUT the underpowered crap part is a lot of shit, they're mostly tuned up and have had a LOT of money spent on them! (wheels are usually at least £1000) mine where £1300 haha more than i payed for the car! it's all about 'my wheels are worth more than your car' hahah

and the music is mixed, usually the older boys are into the same old stuff haha, but the younger ones are all about the drum and bass and dubstep hahah!

i think that vespas/lammys and VW's go hand in hand though haha, more vespas, cause the euro look is all about smooth body and shiney chrome haha my vespa is very euro inspired; no silly modifications and very smooth, with a nice bit of chrome faring and stickerbombed parts haha

also, which show is it? and where are you?
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Wed May 09, 2012 9:09 pm

for car wheels TH Lines are nice dude.
    A couple of friends of mine have been in the likes of Fast Car a couple of times

I think what wally is saying when underpowered shit comes to it is as you say they've had daft amounts of money stuck under the bonnet to get to that......same as scooters really.
    I hate to say it tho but I really dont like Lupo's.
    I used to help out friends with stuff like lowering cars and fitting air bags and stuff, getting internals upholstered ect. Got bored after a while tho, Ive no idea how the scene has changed...if at all tbh. I think the balls out 'Euro' look is boring, just a simple tatty dub scraping 2p's on the sill with decent wheels is good for me tho Rolling Eyes
    MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT on Wed May 09, 2012 11:51 pm

thanks man Smile i wish they done something like bbs' for vespas!
    nice Smile i need to get my car into some mags, not really done enough to it yet haha

and yeh i get what he means, i just went on bit of a rant hahah

and yeh lupo's are a bit of a marmite thing, my brother's is very nice though :L

and yeh, i need to get my seats re-upholstered asap hah and it's probably much the same, there's sort of a few different ways to do it now though hah it's euro, US, or race :L

mine's quite racey, it was built as a track car so it's not got much going on outside other than a splitter and it's been lowered with borbet c's, but it's got a lot going on under the bonnet haha new engine with twin 40 carbs, cammee, etc. getting like 150bhp, and it weighs like nothing hah but i want it a bit more euro, have bit of a cross :L hence the schmidts, just need to get my arches pulled out a fair bit haha
    and yeh, anything low with nice wheels looks good Smile i'm only 17 and still in school with a 8hr a week job haha so thats kind of what mine is, just got to keep saving to get it where i want it.

people do it all for the show factor, to win prizes at shows like edition 38 etc. then they move on to the next one and start again hah
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Thu May 10, 2012 5:05 am

Its the Weston Park show (VW mania I think), I'm just outside Telford so it's about 10 mins down the road. If you do go look out for a dick on a T5.

I'd love a rat look beetle Embarassed

ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu May 10, 2012 5:31 am

I'll be honest and say I dont like the front end on that lupo Razz
    Also re BBS ....I think they are overrated pieces of wank...people jizz over them tho.
    I usually go to Edition 38, been going to it for the last couple of years.
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 am

Anyway....Enough of wanky cars pirat
    What made you get the scooter pal
    MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT on Thu May 10, 2012 10:42 am

haha whats wrong with the front? it's not got the splitter anymore
    and nah bbs' are nice, but they are becoming too common :L
    and nice, well i might see you there this year Smile

and yes hah this is a scooter forum after all
    i got it when i was like 15 cause i've always loved the old scooters and wanted a scooter to drive when i was 16, so an old one seemed the best choice, none of that plastic shite! then that one came up on ebay for a reasonable price :L

also, i'm part italian so an italian scooter seemed to fit well ahaha

what made you get yours?
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Thu May 10, 2012 10:50 am

runs in the family with me, been riding on the back of one since I was a toddler.
    Now im daft enough to own 3 and work on lots of others every other day. Its pretty much my job aswell as a hobby
    MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT on Thu May 10, 2012 10:55 am

i see hah
    well i grew up with my dad having things like hyabusas, then harleys, and even a motocross bike hahahah so kind of surpisng that i chose a vespa :S

and nice haha what have you got? and i wish i knew how to work on mine hahah i can do some stuff but only basics, my dad's good with it all so he helps, but there's a company called vevo scooters down the road who only do old vespas & lambrettas hah so the guy there's been helping a lot
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Sat May 12, 2012 1:12 am

Ive got a 100 sport all kitted up, a project track/sprint ss90 rep and a pk Ets.
    They arnt to difficult to work on, some people have trouble with engine access on smallframes...doesnt bother me personally
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Mon May 14, 2012 8:35 am

Welcome to the forum!

I'll be honest, I don't like cars much I work with them every day.

LCGB Member - 5226
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Mon May 14, 2012 9:48 am

You bored of the turbo chevvy already Jord?

MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 am

welcome to the forum, i like scooters and vw's too, my mate has a nice looking white lupo too, 1.4 sport, slammed on oem starlights, or whatever they are called,

oem seems to be the new trend or rotas on everything haha,

anyway back to scooters, i think the general consensus now is to get hold of a small frame no matter what state its in and tune the fuck out of it.
    MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:12 pm

sorry not been on the forum in a while

thanks for the welcomes guys Smile and the lupo sounds nice, what do you mean oem wheels though? as in origanal vw wheels? hah

and yeh i've noticed a lot of people doing that with the smallframes, guy near me has some honda engine in his! thing is nuts!
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 pm

The amount of things you can do to a smally engine in this day and age is nuts mate !
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:17 am

welcome fella!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:32 am