Hi there from Lambretta Club of Great Britain

Nic

Hi there from Lambretta Club of Great Britain

Post by Nic on Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Hiya.

My name's Nic, I'm from the LCGB. Sadly, I'm "slightly" Embarassed over the age that would entitle me to join Young Guns SC.

That said, as editor of Jet Set, the LCGB club magazine, I think what you are doing is great. I'd love to do a write-up of your club in Jet Set and give you space to talk about yourselves, your scooters, how you got into the scene, what you want out of scootering, how we can help get more young people to ride scooters etc, etc...

As you may know, Jet Set reaches out to some 4,500 Lambretta owners, but many of our members ride other scooters as well, myself included. Some of you who are members will have seen the mag already. Tho' I say so myself Laughing , it's a fairly good read and your club appearing in it might help get more people involved. I personally know several people who would love to know more about Young Guns SC.

So, if any of you would like to be interviewed, see your beloved scooter in the magazine and so on, feel free to contact me either by PM on this site or by emailing me via nic_cicutti@hotmail.com.

Cheers,

Nic

PS: I see one or two of you are planning of coming to Lincoln National Rally in July. You are all very welcome to attend, regardless of what you ride...

Last edited by Nic on Fri May 18, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Hi there from Lambretta Club of Great Britain

Post by NorthernJordan on Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi nic! Jordan lewis here, perys son, and servetakid over on the LCGB forum. You may remeber me from Ireland.

I think its a great idea and thanks for the opportunity! I'd be more than up for putting myself up for and interview and ill let dean know too. (The forum founder).

LCGB Member - 5226
    Skajosh

Post by Skajosh on Wed May 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi Nic, I'd be more than happy to also put a bit of my info through for an interview as I imagine a lot of the members will be.
    Harry

Post by Harry on Thu May 17, 2012 12:46 am

sent you an email nic. would be a great opportunity to get us lot involved and spread the word. cheers
    ratvespa

Post by ratvespa on Fri May 18, 2012 2:54 am

id be up for an interview, but living in devon it would probly be via e-mail etc Wink
    ttscshaggy

Post by ttscshaggy on Fri May 18, 2012 8:24 am

It does sound interesting
    rhyshill1

Post by rhyshill1 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 am

It be up for this little shin dig Smile
    Nic

Post by Nic on Fri May 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi guys.

Thanks for the kind welcome and the willingness to take part in the interview. Yeah, you do seem spread about a bit all over the country, don't you! LOL.

In reply to some queries, because of that what I'd propose is one of two options: get the phone numbers of anyone who wants to be interviewed and give you a shout individually. You then send me down by email as many or as few pics as you like and we try to use one or more of each in the article.

The alternative is that i do a kind of "questionnaire" and email it to everyone who's agreed to take part. You then fill it in and I put it all together for you so that it reads as one article. Or I can do both at once. Or if you have any ideas, fine with me too.

I'm happy to interview as many of you as possible, as I want readers everywhere to know that this is a big and serious club.

How does that sound? I'm replying to some of you who have already emailed me separately, so I look forward to your ideas on this.

Hey Jordan, yeah, I remember you - and your dad (great man, pass on my regards, and to your mum whom I had the pleasure of meeting a year or two back).

Look forward to seeing you both in Belgium and at Lincoln - and any of you Young Guns who want to come up and help an old man across the street, into the pub and buy him drink. Failing that I'll happily buy you one (to share between youse all). Cool
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Sounds good nic, can you reply to my email. It's just that I would like to be involved in the organization in some shape or form and I have a few ideas too. Cheers,

LCGB Member - 5226
    Nic

Post by Nic on Sat May 19, 2012 12:16 am

Hiya Jordan,

I did try to email you back but something seems to be going wrong with my email today. Let me have your number (via PM or email) and I'll call you back.
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 am

Hi Nic, i'd just like to let you know that there is hopefully going to be quite a few of us at cleethorpes so if you wanted to do a group interview and take some photos there, that could be a possibility?

james
    savage20

Post by savage20 on Sat May 19, 2012 6:05 am

top idea nic, as dillard said there is going to be a few of us at cleethorpes so a group interview could be a possibilty, theres a couple of us at most rallies in the next month so you could get a hold of most of us really.
    josh

Post by josh on Sat May 19, 2012 7:14 am

if everyone is orite with it who is in the pic from morcambe thats luke scotty jordan lewis danielle and jake and forgot the lads name posh lad haha put that pic in as noone new each other and all met up at that rally
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 am

josh wrote:if everyone is orite with it who is in the pic from morcambe thats luke scotty jordan lewis danielle and jake and forgot the lads name posh lad haha put that pic in as noone new each other and all met up at that rally

Think the most that were ever at a rally was Brid cyclops

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    josh

Post by josh on Sat May 19, 2012 7:17 am

ye but this was a class pic of us drunk and what a night it was haha
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Sat May 19, 2012 7:22 am

josh the only reason you want to use that is because you're in it lmao! it needs to have dean in it because he started it!
    josh

Post by josh on Sat May 19, 2012 7:27 am

haha it does but hay we can have LOADS OF US ALL
    Wally
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by Wally on Sat May 19, 2012 8:29 am

josh wrote:ye but this was a class pic of us drunk and what a night it was haha

Yes, but I wasn't in it either... first ever member of Young Guns here. VIP Wink

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”
    NorthernJordan
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by NorthernJordan on Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Second, you only beat me as I was a work :'(

LCGB Member - 5226
    Northern

Post by Northern on Sun May 20, 2012 12:42 am

I would say questionaire would be a good idea as it gives everyone a chance to have their view put across, shows how we all have a voice in this and shows how large the club actually is!

On a side note we should start taking a group photo at every rally we attend, for the simple fact that when we become the Old Musket SC we can look back and remember the good times.
    JamesD

Post by JamesD on Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 am

yeah alex, i agree! jordan, get the list of email addresses signed to the forum and forward it to nick!
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 am

Northern wrote:I would say questionaire would be a good idea as it gives everyone a chance to have their view put across, shows how we all have a voice in this and shows how large the club actually is!

On a side note we should start taking a group photo at every rally we attend, for the simple fact that when we become the Old Musket SC we can look back and remember the good times.

we need a giant banner making!!!

donations anyone???
    Nic

Post by Nic on Tue May 22, 2012 6:10 am

Alright lads (& lasses). Cleethorpes may be a bit late as I'm hoping to get the interview into JS straight after the Euro and the deadline is mid-June. Plus I've just started a new job today which involves shifts so I'm not sure if I'll be making Cleethorpes. That said, I can arrange for a Jet Set colleague to take some pics and a mini-interview there for the JS after (keep the publicity rolling).. Sounds like you're all taking YGs very seriously.
    Nic

Post by Nic on Tue May 22, 2012 7:36 am

Northern wrote:I would say questionaire would be a good idea as it gives everyone a chance to have their view put across, shows how we all have a voice in this and shows how large the club actually is!

Just had a long chat with Jordan and will be calling up one or two more people who gave me their numbers, but every way of getting lots of voices into the mag is good for me. So happy to put up a questionnaire too: will have one ready in the next 24 hours. I need pics of anyone who does the questionnaire mind!

BTW, I remember when I started scootering there was a club set up called the Old Bastards SC, for people OVER the age of 25. I wasn't able to join back then as I wasn't old enough. But if it were about nowadays it'd be the biggest club in the country.... Wink
    MH 13

Post by MH 13 on Tue May 22, 2012 8:52 am

Nic wrote:

Just had a long chat with Jordan and will be calling up one or two more people who gave me their numbers, but every way of getting lots of voices into the mag is good for me. So happy to put up a questionnaire too: will have one ready in the next 24 hours. I need pics of anyone who does the questionnaire mind!

BTW, I remember when I started scootering there was a club set up called the Old Bastards SC, for people OVER the age of 25. I wasn't able to join back then as I wasn't old enough. But if it were about nowadays it'd be the biggest club in the country.... Wink

someone i know bought the naming rights for old bastards sc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 am